Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Teenager!

It happened in the blink of an eye! In a split second! Without warning! Dun dun daaaa!


Well, I might be exaggerating, but only a little. It's probably more accurate to say that it happened faster than I wanted it to. But it happened and there isn't a thing I can do to change it! I have become the Mother of a TEENAGER! (Cue blood curdling scream and crash of thunder).


That's right, my little baby...




...is getting all growed up! Sniff




Now, I've heard the talk. Yes, I've heard people say "teenagers these days." And while I am no longer allowed to sing, dance, or be goofy in any way around my new teenager's friends, (unless they already knew me and therefore already knew that I was goofy and/or they have parents that are also known to be goofy and/or it is the 35th of the month and the 35th lands on a Tuesday) I think having a teenager will be a good thing.


There are all kinds of new adventures to enjoy with a teenage daughter in the family, such as preparing for school dances,



and having a sleepovers. FYI: they only call them sleepovers so parents will agree to them, not because they intend to sleep. All they really want to do is giggle all night!




Teenage girls also like to spend more time painting their nails than they did when they were younger.




And today's teenage girls think it's very cool to wear ripped jeans.




Hmmm ripped jeans...that sounds vaguely familiar.


Me, a long time ago, in my totally cool ripped jeans! (Radical)


Though my experience raising a teenage girl has just begun, I'd say that it seems pretty similar to when I was that age.


Teens still want to spend time with good friends, they want encouragement and reassurance that they are on the right track, they want to begin to make their own choices and they still want Mom and Dad to hug them and spend time with them and be silly with them...as long as no one they know is looking!


All things considered I think the teen years will be awesome and hopefully we have many more years before our teenage girl brings home some cute guy for us to meet!! Gulp


Me and my cute guy, a long time ago! (With totally awesome hair, for sure)


Christine



No comments: