Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don't wake me

Because it takes a long time for spring to really feel like spring in Minnesota, I have taken to daydreaming about the things I will do when the weather is nice to help me get through the next few weeks of disappearing (and reappearing) snow, muddy yards, and futile searching of the garden for any signs that it is coming back to life.


I dream about fresh, tart raspberries plucked from the bush. Yummmmmm!




I dream of flower gardens abuzz with bees who will float off to make sweet honey.




I'm dreaming of picnics in the park on warm sunny days. I do love a picnic!




And I dream about playing in the sand at the beach...warm sand squishing between my toes...delightful!




So in the next few weeks, if you happen to see me wandering through the day with a faraway look in my eyes, mumbling about the lovely sunshine, and unaware of the gloom and remaining snow...please don't wake me!!


Christine



No comments: