Monday, April 18, 2011

Done

It may take us awhile, but we do eventually get the job done.


Several weeks ago the Husband and I purchased this.




For several weeks...several weeks, it has sat in a corner waiting for us to hang it. It isn't that we didn't know where we wanted to hang it, we just...umm...well...


We were busy.


We were playing Donkey Kong on the Wii and munching Angie's Kettle Corn.




We were distracted by sparkle.


I could give you many more reasons, but they were really just for me and I feel sufficiently justified in my procrastination with those three. I'm sure it doesn't matter to you why we didn't get around to hanging it...you probably didn't even notice it was sitting in the corner.


Anyway, the husband finally got the job done yesterday. I watched supervised!


Have you figured out what it is yet? 


Yes, it does look like a cool sculpture.


Each of these loops serves a purpose.


  
Figured it out now? 


These loops hold photos, cards, drawings, really anything like that we find interesting and want to display.




How cool is that?


I can change out the photos anytime I want. It's a perfect way to display Christmas and birthday cards, poems the girls like to write and the occasional postcard we receive when someone we know takes a fun vacation. I think it's fabulous!


The only downside is that it draws attention to our very outdated, painted white railing. UGH! My hope is that one day we'll replace it with a lovely wood railing...like this one.




That would be lovely wouldn't it? 


One day!


For now I'm just excited that we have our display of photos up.




By the way, those photos in the middle are of me. One as a baby and one all growed up. 


The husband and I, in our delight to have accomplished the task of hanging and filling the photo holder,(to be honest I don't know what else to call it) called the girls to come and see. 


We were hoping for some oooos and aaaahhhs. A little "nice job folks."


But noooo. The kids were too busy with the ipods. 


Their friend Miss Em just got one for her 13th birthday. Happy birthday Miss Em!




But still, they could have gotten up for just a minute to look instead of putting us off until later!


I wonder where they get that?


Christine 

No comments: