Thursday, May 19, 2011

Not-so-little Emma Bean

Emma Bean asked me if I wished she would stay little forever. Was I sad that she was growing up?




The answer was easy.


Little one it is a joy watching you grow.




I am thrilled by each new thing you learn!




I take delight in the joy you find in each new day!




I hope you follow your dreams and discover God's plan for you.




I have watched creativity blossom in you and it is a gift.




I am amazed watching you grow bold and courageous and try something different.




It is a blessing to witness a heart of compassion grow in you.




Always hold on to your playful spirit.



No, my not-so-little one, I do not want you to stay little forever. I want you to grow and experience all the wonders God has planned for you. It will give me great joy!


Yes, my not-so-little one, I wish you could stay little forever so I could take care of your every need and snuggle you and kiss your little nose and sing you silly songs. It would give me great joy.


As I said, the answer is easy, and you will fully understand it one day if you decide to become a Mommy.


But, whether my little one or my grown up girl, my love for you is absolute! I delight in you!






HAPPY BIRTHDAY my Emma Bean!


Mommy 



No comments: