Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Friday

We met my parents for dinner yesterday.


My Mom brought some Lily of the Valley for me.


I placed them on my bedside table so I could smell them all night. Lovely!




Thanks Mom!!


After dinner Emma purchased a volleyball with some of her birthday money.


Both girls have decided they want to play volleyball this year. Volleyball is in, soccer is out.



Volleyball may take some getting used to.


This morning I reminded Miss Sofi Bug that there are only 9 days of school left.




I know, I am very excited too!


I'm so glad she still allows me to call her Miss Sofi Bug in front of all of you.


I overheard a woman call her little girl Sofi Bug once. My Miss Sofi Bug was about 10 then. I had to stop and talk to the woman. I told her that I call my girl Sofi Bug too. We liked each other instantly.


The Husband wore a purple shirt today. I think he was making a statement about yesterday's blog post. He wouldn't look me in the eye when I asked him about it.




The purple one is mine!


I am happy that the iris my nice neighbor gave me is going to flower this year. She thought it would take a couple of years for it to bloom after having been transplanted into my garden.




She didn't say what color it is, but she said it is beautiful. I can't wait to see it!


We are kinda sad because we wanted to visit my in-laws, who live several hours away from us, over the long weekend. It isn't going to work out. Hopefully we'll get to go for a visit soon. We miss them and love them!


The husband and I found this mug that bears a striking resemblance to my Father-in-law.




We didn't buy it. We much rather spend time with the real thing. (my Father-in-law that is, he's not a thing) 


But hopefully he will see the blog today and it will give him a good laugh!


Anyway, I'm rambling. 


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and a good Memorial Day!


Christine

No comments: