Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Garden decor!

I am on the edge of my seat, waiting for the promise of beauty to burst into reality. 


Some flowers will open any moment now.




Others will need a few more days.




Ok maybe weeks, but soon the garden will be full of gorgeous, fragrant blooms.


Thus begins the ritual of digging out all of the garden decor that has been tucked away in the garage for the winter, so that it can once again add that delightful touch of whimsy to the flower beds. 


That's right decorations for the garden. I am that person. 


NO pink flamingos mind you! And I don't have any plastic deer. No way!


I do have a cute little frog.



I have this darling little mosaic Emmabean made for me in preschool. 


Emmabean who will be double digits TOMORROW!! I can't believe it!




I also have this cute mushroom that was given to me for Mother's Day.




And this silly bird. I have no explanation for the bird. I like it. I got it. It is what it is.




The only item left to be placed in the garden is the birdbath.


That's when I ran into trouble. 


I can't find the birdbath.


I've looked everywhere!


Nothing.


The birdbath is MIA!


The system of tucking the garden decorations wherever I can find space is not working. I can't remember where I stashed the birdbath.


The birdbath stand, which we leave in the garden all winter, is ready and waiting. But I have no bath.



I will have to get a new birdbath. We can't have dirty birds all summer!


Drat! I just know that as soon as I get a new birdbath, I'll remember where I hid the old one.


Christine

No comments: