Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reaching new heights

I've mentioned to you before the struggle I am having with Miss Sofi Bug growing taller than I am.






It really isn't fair that ones child grows taller than one!


I'm trying to be mature about it, but frankly it's really bothering me! It doesn't help that Miss Sofi Bug gets such satisfaction out of being taller either! She loves to point out her new found height to others while wearing an irritatingly smug expression on her cute face!


I just want to stomp my feet and yell, "it's not fair!"


Like I said, I'm trying to be mature about the whole thing. 


Ahem.


Last week I found a pair of shoes in my closet that I had forgotten I owned. I haven't worn them for awhile because the bottoms are a bit slippery on carpet, and they give me a blister on my big toe. Ouch!


The shoes are about 3 inches high, plus they have an inch high platform.




That's right, guess who's taller now Baby!


Regular heels help, but that extra height from the platform makes a huge difference!


When I put the shoes on and stood next to Miss Sofi Bug, she gave me a disgusted look and said, "that's not fair."


My reply was, "life isn't always fair Baby!"


I don't care how many blisters I get, I might wear these shoes every day from now on.


Of course at the rate she's growing, I might need to invest in a pair of these in about 6 months.




Actually, I better get them now so I can spend the next 6 months figuring out how to walk in them!


Christine

1 comment:

Ben and Emily said...

If you invest in those, I think you really will need a walker sooner than later!!