Thursday, August 25, 2011

Glass beach, I think I love you

The other day I told the Husband that I wished I was hunting for sea glass.


It is one of the families favorite ways to pass the time when we visit the shores of Lake Superior.




We will spend hours searching the shores for small handfuls of the glass gems.


In case you're thinking, what in the world is sea glass, sea glass is pieces of broken glass that have been tumbled and smoothed by waves of water, sand and rocks, then deposited on the beach. 


It's like finding bits of treasure in the sand!


We've gathered quite the collection over the years!




I'm convinced that sipping a Starbucks Mocha increases my chances of finding the rare colors of sea glass like blue and orange!



That and I get to do two of my favorite things at once! YES!


Anyway, as I said, the other day I was telling the Husband that I wished I was hunting sea glass and he discovered photos of this beach and shared them with me. 




Just look at all of that sea glass! It's an amazing sight! No need to hunt for hours here! I could step out onto the beach and scoop up handfuls of sea glass! Oh joy!!


"Where is that?" I asked him.


"California." he said.


Pffft! So, needless to say I won't be scooping up handfuls of sea glass anytime soon. sigh! 


Oh how I want to see this beach that is appropriately named Glass Beach and scoop up handfuls of sea glass!


I want to oooo and ahhhh over each piece and every color!




Amazing!


Maybe one day I will get to visit Glass Beach. Until then I will enjoy my trips to the shores of Lake Superior, buy my mocha, which I am sure helps me find those rare colors of sea glass...maybe it would be even more helpful if I got extra large mocha...and I will try not to waste my time pining over Glass Beach, where I wouldn't even need the help of a Starbucks mocha to find the rare colors of sea glass!


Ho hum.


Christine



No comments: