Monday, June 13, 2011

Time to blog

It's been several days since my last blog post.


I haven't given up blogging! I've just been kinda busy.


Busy with the garage sale that started last Thursday. I didn't get one photo. I'm still kicking myself!


Thursday was also the girl's last day of school for the year. I now have a 5th grader and an 8th grader. What!? Where does the time go? The Husband and I took the girls to dinner to celebrate.


Friday, my friend Amy and I continued our garage sale. The Husband took the day off and made coffee and lunch runs for us. He also spent some time making fabulous trellises for the beans and snap peas in the vegetable garden. I'll show them to you later in the week. The Husband is the best!


We finished up the garage sale Saturday. We didn't do too bad. We sold off a lot of items we no longer needed and brought in a little cash. Hurray! We still had some items left over though. Those items will be donated to the Salvation Army. The Salvation army does good work for those in need. I like them!


Friday I had fully intended to show you a couple of photos of the flowers that are blooming in the flower beds, but I just never found the time to post. 


Better late than never.


It rained Friday morning. Can you tell? The flowers were plastered to the ground.




Hello gorgeous.




Blooming Clematis.




Fortunately the rain did not continue. That would have been a bummer for the garage sale. It was cold and gloomy, but hey, the rain stopped.


By Sunday, I was exhausted and very much in need of a day to relax, so we strolled the farmer's market. The market was full of beautiful flowers. 


Peonies!




Lilies!




And flats full of brightly colored annuals.




My favorite thing about that day was the Husband in his kilt!


Yes, the Husband wore his kilt. 


I really like when the Husband wears his kilt!




We also went for a picnic. It was a very good day!


Hopefully, now that all that business of the garage sale is finished, I can get back to my regularly scheduled blogging! Especially now that the girls are on summer break, life should be easy breezy. Right! Right? Did someone just laugh?


Christine

No comments: