Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oops!

This is the pot rack that holds all of my Calphalon pots, and hangs from the ceiling in my kitchen. I like it!




This is the pot that I use the most when I cook. It's not that it's my favorite. I like them all equally. I do not play favorites! It's just that this pot is the perfect size to cook almost everything!




This is the handle cover that protects me from burns when the handle of this pot gets very hot as it heats up. I recently took to leaving the handle cover on the handle of this pot all of the time, because I am lazy and I did not want to have to take it off and put it away.




Which worked out just fine because even with the handle cover on I could still hang the pot from the pot rack no problem!


Unless one does not notice that the handle cover was not all the way on the handle as it should be. Like this.




And instead it was like this.




Can you see that very subtle difference? 


I didn't!


If one hangs a very heavy pot from the handle cover alone, the pot is very likely to slide out of the handle cover and drop 3 feet crashing onto the wooden counter beneath. It will very likely leave a significant dent in the wooden counter and one will be very glad no children or breakable dishes were in the way.


I'm just sayin'!


Christine

No comments: