Tuesday, June 28, 2011

100 posts!

This is my 100th post. WooHoo...Yippee...Yowza! 


Who knew I had it in me? The Husband! He's pretty cool that way!


Mostly I love it when he knows what he's talkin' bout!


However, sometimes it gets on my nerves! Like last week, when I told him I wanted to find a new marinade for the steak I wanted him to grill.


He said, "how about a marinade with Coca~Cola?"


"PFFFT! You don't marinade steak with Coca~Cola!" I said.


About 10 seconds later, the man was printing out a recipe he found on the internet, for a Coca~Cola steak marinade. Snort!


Of course, to save face, I pointed out that if the marinade wasn't any good, we would ruin a beautiful and potentially delicious cut of meat.


He wasn't deterred!


So my friends, to prove his fatal steak marinading error, I mixed up the Coca~Cola marinade.




I would also like to add that if this did not go well we were also wasting a perfectly refreshing bottle of Coke! That's right...a ruined steak and a wasted Coke. But, if it will make the Husband happy...so be it!


In a mixing bowl combine:
12 oz Coca~Cola
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground onion powder
3 tablespoons soy sauce




1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pinch dried basil


Whisk ingredients together until well blended and pour over steak. Cover and refrigerate for 2-6 hours.




At this point I was contemplating plan B for dinner.


The Husband, confident in his marinade, proceeded to grill up the steak.


The Husband has become an excellent griller! It is one of the things I love about him! I don't know that it can fix a marinade blunder, but there was no stopping him now. 




When the steak was grilled to perfection the Husband began to slice into his Coca~Cola steak.




How sad I thought, that this could have been wonderful dinner, was going to be a bust.


I gave the Husband the I-love-you-no-matter-what-we-have-for-dinner look as he handed me a quick taste of the freshly sliced steak.


DRAT!! It was good! Really good!


Then the Husband gave me that smug That's-What-I'm-Talkin' bout look!




Yep, he was RIGHT! And he didn't feel the need to remind me about it all evening. That's another reason I love him!


So for the record, Steak marinaded in Coca~Cola is excellent, and the Husband knew it. Thank you steakmarinade.org for a very good dinner.


Good enough to have again, to celebrate 100 blog posts!


Christine


P.S.  For anyone wondering about the little measuring cups you see in the ingredients photo,they are made by OXO and I got mine at Target! I have found them to be very useful! If you were wondering.


P.P.S. This post was Husband approved. He especially approves of my telling you he was right!

No comments: