Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fair weather friend

It began Sunday. A blizzard that was expected to drop another 16 to 18 inches of snow on us. I was so excited! The girls didn't have school Monday and we were going to get to enjoy a cozy snow day at home and to top it off Jason had brought work home in anticipation of the snow storm so he would be home Monday as well! WooHoo


True to expectation Monday was a grand, winter day of playing in the snow with friends,





and warming up with cups of hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and sprinkles—I am convinced that it's the sprinkles that make hot chocolate taste so good!




It was also a perfect day for all of us girls to polish our fingernails.




We wrapped up our grand, winter snow day snuggled by the fire watching a video. Sigh...winter, what a delight and yesterday was a pleasure!




Today however, my sentiments are not quite the same as yesterday. Roads are a mess and my garage floor is once again sloppy and wet. The piles of snow that had melted out of view last week are once again so high I can not see as I back out of my driveway. My entryway had finally dried out and was clutter free but once again it's an obstacle course of puddles and boots and soaked mittens and hats! Sigh...winter you are a nuisance and a pain!


Forgive me winter for my fickle attitude. It's me not you! Actually, it is you! Winter, you have overstayed your welcome!


Christine

No comments: