Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BUGS

Apparently I like bugs. I have discovered an inordinately large amount of photos of bugs in my archives. Frankly, once I got past the involuntary, creepy bug shiver from just thinking about bugs, I realized I actually find most of them fascinating! Hence the many photos.


I have a fondness for moths. This particular moth emerges from it's cocoon with a huge swollen body and wings that appear much too small. Within minutes the fluid that has the moth's body so enlarged is forced into the wings, causing them to expand to a more proportionate size. COOL! Unfortunately, I only have photos of the giant body, tiny wings stage.




I'm amazed by bees. Pollination, Flowers, Vegetables, Fruit, and HONEY!! Enough said.




I really like the praying mantis. It eats the bugs that eat my flower and vegetable gardens! I think it's safe to say that it is one of my favorite bugs! 




I welcome all dragonflies in my gardens!




Butterflies are simply beautiful! I am constantly in search of new plants that will attract them to my yard. 




I have no idea what this bug is. I didn't even take this photo. It must have been taken by one of the girls. This bug totally creeps me out!




Alright, so I don't like ALL bugs, but I do think most of them are incredibly interesting. 


Dang! I really hope that last photo doesn't give anyone bad dreams!


Christine

No comments: