Monday, April 9, 2012

Joy and Hunting

What a range of emotions are experienced traveling through the Easter weekend.


Good Friday; somber and sorrowful. It makes me so sad to imagine how painful it must have been for Jesus' disciples to have all of their hopes ripped from their grasp as Jesus died on the cross. Jesus, the Messiah, the one who performed miracles and wonders, dead, and buried in a tomb. Heart wrenching!


Easter Sunday; wonder and celebration! It must have been a crazy roller coaster ride of emotions from shock to elation for the disciples when they learned of Jesus' resurrection. 


I'm always amazed by the joy and tears as our church congregation sings He's Alive Hallelujah on Easter Sunday and what a blessing to continue to celebrate with family throughout the day!


Egg hunt!








Some eggs are easier to find than others. Thank goodness Grandma makes a map and leads the search for the most elusive (too well hidden) eggs and treasures!




Found!


The sun was too bright for Emma bean to open her eyes!
Victory!
My sister's youngest boy. I love him!


It was a good day to be outside!


My sister's oldest, (I can't call him a boy anymore. He's a man. That happened too fast!) and my brother-in-law! I love them too!!
Yes, it was a very good day to be outside!









I hope you too had a joy filled Easter! 


Christine

No comments: