Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A 1,000 Piece Obsession

The other day Miss Sofi Bug suggested we put together a 1,000 piece puzzle.




It's been a really long time since we last put a puzzle together.


I jumped on the idea eagerly thinking that working on a puzzle together would create a perfect opportunity for 1,000 little conversations, that would of course lead to 1,000 giggles and laughs, and certainly 1,000 precious memories of bonding with our teenager. It's just plain painful to say that word...teenager...I shudder!


The first evening we pulled out the puzzle, Miss Sofi Bug, the Husband, and I sat around a little card table, working together to find all of the edge pieces. It was delightful.




Miss Emma Bean was busy. She wasn't there to help. That was okay. A 1,000 piece puzzle? There would be plenty of time for her to join in the fun! Yay!


Or not so much!


Miss Sofi Bug lost interest in the puzzle after that first evening.


Miss Emma Bean never acquired an interest in working on the puzzle.


The Husband only helped that first night because he was being a good sport.


They all ditched me!


It would be fine except, I can't stop!


Instead of 1,000 little conversations with my family, I hear 1,000 puzzle pieces calling my name, telling me to keep working!




Instead of 1,000 giggles and laughs, I have 1,000 reasons not to go to bed at a sensible hour!




Instead of precious memories of bonding with my family, I see only visions of a finished puzzle!




I now have 1,000 reason why laundry isn't getting done and the house isn't getting cleaned!


Now I remember why it's been so long since we've worked on a puzzle! UGH!


Christine

No comments: