Friday, August 17, 2012

I Resort To Poppy Seed Dressing

Every few years, or so, we like to take a little trip to our favorite resort Lost Lake Lodge.



With the swimming,



hiking, singing around the bonfire, turtle catching,



planned activities for kids,



and trips into the town of Nisswa for shopping, ice cream eating,



and turtle racing (oh yes, turtle racing!)



Lost Lake Lodge has become one of the family's favorite getaways!



While I too enjoy all of the aforementioned activities, I especially like that stays at Lost Lake include 2 gourmet meals per day.

Breakfast and dinner are part of the deal! -Whoop-

It's a little pricey, hence the only going every few years. You may have noticed that the girls look pretty young in the above photos. Our last stay was in 2008.  But it's worth it!

It's a huge treat to me to get to spend my vacation without figuring out where to eat every meal, wondering if the restaurant we chose will be any good, and hoping everyone will find something they like to eat. -bother-

At Lost Lake Lodge dinner is always excellent, and breakfast is divine! It always begins with pastry options! -oh my-



I can't wait for our next visit! It may be awhile though. So until then I'll have to settle for a little taste of Lost Lake Lodge at home. I was given the recipe for a salad with poppy seed dressing during our first visit.

The dressing is easy to make.

Spoon 1 cup mayo into a large jar. Make sure you have a lid for the jar. 

See the jar I started out with. I'd never used that jar before. I thought it would be cute in the photos. It wasn't big enough. Use a bigger jar!



Add to jar 1/3 cup sugar.



Add 2 tablespoons poppy seeds.



Add 1/2 cup milk.



And finally add 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar. I don't have a photo of this step but don't forget it!

Now put the lid on that large jar and shake it good!



For the salad toss sliced strawberries and sliced red onion with chopped romaine.



It's so pretty!

Pair the salad with breaded pork chops...DELISH! 



Almost as good as when someone else makes it for me.

Christine

No comments: