Monday, July 2, 2012

How Much Longer?

You may remember that the Husband began the process of making Limoncello early last month.




I talked about it in the blog post Naked LemonsIf you missed that post, you can click on Naked Lemons to read all about it, or if you need to refresh your memory, because I wrote that post a loooong time ago, and the limoncello was supposed to be ready in 2 weeks, and it is now a full 4 weeks later. I have begun to feel like a child who, 20 minutes into a 4 hour road trip, begins to ask, "Are we there yet? How much longer??"


You see the Husband, after doing some further research on making Limoncello, discovered that many makers suggest that the Limoncello be allowed to sit for at least 45 days. 


WHAT?? I was ready for Limoncello 45 days ago! -snort-


The Husband, sensing my impatience, decided to move the process along 15 days ahead of schedule. He's a good man he is!


Yes, I will accept full responsibility if the Limoncello does not turn out.


Yesterday some sugar was added.




And the peel was strained out.




It's like liquid sunshine!




The whole house smelled like lemon drops!


The Husband strained it once more for good measure and bottled up the liquid sunshine! Woohoo!




I was so excited to try it!


Then the Husband said, "You know, the longer we let it sit the better it will be."


"But!?"


He definitely thought we should wait.


And that my friends is why there are empty glasses in the above photo . -sigh-


I guess I'm going to have to wait a little longer, but I can't make any promises that I won't ask every few days, "How much longer?"


Christine

No comments: