Monday, July 9, 2012

Love Notes

As a parent I so enjoy leaving little love notes for my girls.


A happy face drawn on the white boards in their bedrooms.


A few words of encouragement written on a sticky note and placed on a notebook, in their backpacks, on the day of a big test.


A joke written on a napkin that's placed in the lunchbox, very discreetly, so that none of their friends see it because they are too old for notes in the lunchbox. Not cool! But thankfully still appreciated! -sigh-


And my favorite, a simple I love you note, that has a heart in place of the word love, on a day when one of the girls is feeling sad. It's so good to hear you're loved when you're feeling sad. Like balm!


Yes, I love leaving little love notes for my girls! It blesses this Mama's heart!


Maybe that's the reason why, when, a few days ago, as I was having a particularly bad morning, dropping or spilling almost everything I picked up, (probably because I was tired) and I was still feeling hurt about something someone had said to me, (I'm sure it was said without thought and not with malice. Still hurt!) and I was just generally feeling a little down, (all before I'd even gotten ready for the day! bah) it brought me joy to find this heart shaped water spot as I began to wipe down the bathroom countertop.


June 27, 2012
Silly though it may sound, my thought was that maybe God leaves love notes too. Maybe this one was just for me. Maybe in the midst of my frustrating morning, God wanted to remind me that I was loved.


Well, I quickly brushed that notion aside. A water drop in the shape of a heart was nothing more than a fluke. Right?


I did feel better though.


Funny thing is, I couldn't get that silly notion out of my head.


If God loves me, and I know He does, why was I so quick to discount that He would leave a love note for me?


Crazy! And yet, isn't everything God does about His love for us?


The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17


I certainly felt my soul quiet after I found that heart shaped water drop on the countertop.


I began to wonder and ask, "God do you leave love notes for us?"


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of Lights! James 1:17


Even love notes?


July 7, 2012
Definitely a coincidence.


I'm positive.


Then again...


I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently will find Me. Proverbs 8:17


Maybe God does leave love notes for His children!


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


July 8, 2012


Call it happenstance if you will, but I believe in love notes from God.


Love notes to encourage, to comfort, to tell us we are loved!


And maybe I'm just upholding a very good, and longstanding tradition with my girls, that originated and is carried on, even today, by my Heavenly Father. After all, He loved us first!


Christine


By the way...this one is from me to you!


No comments: