Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's all a matter of perspective

I enjoy the fall season so much!


Wrapping up in cozy sweaters!


The beautiful colored leaves!




Apples and pumpkins!


S'mores!




Actually, I am not a huge fan of s'mores...unless they're made with strawberry marshmallows! Have you tried strawberry marshmallows? Yum Yum!  But I haven't been able to find strawberry marshmallows this year. Drat!


I also prefer my s'mores made with the Keebler Deluxe Grahams. Now that's a good s'more!




I like unsticky fingers too. Hello Kleenex Splash wipes! (unsticky is not a real word, I know)


Once the s'mores are eaten it's so nice to sit and relax warmed by the bonfire!




There's so much to like about Fall!


Well, there would be so much to like about Fall, if Fall had hung around awhile and summer had not returned!


It has been in the 80s here almost all week! It should be in the 60s! The cool crisp 60s that make you want to snuggle up in a cozy sweater or around a fire. 


It should not be in the 80s, with everyone wearing shorts! NO, NO, NO!!


I wanted summer to go away!


Until yesterday.


Yesterday we had someone out to give our furnace a routine cleaning and inspection. It's been 3 years since it was last done. We figured we should have it looked at before we start using it this year.


I have never before had the furnace inspector begin the inspection with the words, "Oh no!"


Those words pretty much sum up the inspection.


It was not good!


Water has been leaking into our furnace!


It looks like this!




All of that rust...that's bad!


The poor inspector really tried to avoid telling me that we would need to replace our furnace.


He really tried to get me to grasp the need to replace it without having to say those exact words.


I was in denial! The furnace had been fine a moment ago!


He finally had to say it.


"You need to replace your furnace."


I was totally taken by surprise!


And not like a good surprise...like when my girlfriends gave me a surprise luncheon for my 40th birthday. No, not like that at all!


It was a bad surprise...like when you read a really good book, one you are really enjoying, and the end is terrible! So terrible that you read the ending again because you are not sure if you read it correctly. Like that kind of surprise! BAD!


The Husband and I had to go look at the rusted out furnace a couple of times to convince ourselves that yep, it's really how the story ends. Bummer!


Today I think it would be fantastic if the 80s continued for 2 or even 3 more months. What's not to like about summer right?


Christine


P.S. I think I know what I'm getting for my birthday this year! Surprise!!







2 comments:

Heather said...

Dear Blogger, I used your image on my blogpost and provided credit to your site. Please let me know if you would like for me to take it down. It was too dark tonight to get a good picture of my S'Mores gear, but yours looks just like mine! LOL. You can access my blog at www.cookingbythewater.wordpress.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Heather

Christine said...

Heather,
Happy to allow you to use the photo!

Thanks for stopping by to read my blog! I look forward to following yours as well! Your recipes look wonderful!

Christine