Thursday, May 24, 2012

Food, Friends, and Hairnets

I scooped!


Well I didn't actually scoop. I sealed!


I worked the last two mornings sealing packages of food with Miss Sofia's and Miss Emma Bean's classmates, as the girl's schools participated in the Scoop project - packing meals for Feed My Starving Children.


Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit, Christian organization that organizes children and adults to hand-pack meals specifically formulated to provide much needed nutrition for the malnourished in over 70 countries around the world. Check out their website by clicking here.




Each little vitamin packed Manna Pack will feed 6 children and costs only $1.44 to produce.


So we all donned our fancy hairnets!




And filled Manna Packs!




It was amazing to watch these young people work so well together and work so hard to meet the needs of children they've never met! My heart was filled with joy!


And it was fun to watch the little bit of friendly competition that went on! 


Miss Emma Bean and her friends filled 17 boxes. 36 Manna Packs per box! Wow!




When Miss Sofia and her friends found out how many boxes Emma Bean and her friends filled, they were determined not to be outdone and filled 20 boxes of Manna Packs! Amazing!!


I'm very proud of all of them!




I just added this photo of Miss sofia and her friends because I love them! They're great young ladies! And they look so cute sporting those hairnets!


Feed My Starving Children is doing wonderful work to meet the nutrition needs of those who are going without food around the world. Check out their website and see how you too can get involved!


Christine

No comments: