Saturday, November 26, 2011

Leaving a black mark

From apple pie 




to pepper spray in the eye?




I do not understand how we go from a day that is specifically set aside to give thanks for all we have been blessed with, and we are a nation that has been blessed with much, to, only hours later, being willing push, shove, knock each other down and spray a crowd of people with pepper spray to get a "deal" on something we probably don't even need.


I cannot imagine giving a gift on Christmas morning, the morning we celebrate the birth of our Savior, knowing I got that gift for a loved one by causing harm to another to get it!


I used to wonder why it was that people in other countries thought people in the United States are just plain greedy when I am often overwhelmed by the generosity of the people of our nation. So many are more than willing to freely give to meet the needs of others, yet when it comes to Black Friday, selfishness seems to rule the day. Sadly that one day can make a huge impression. A very bad impression!


It makes me sad that our attitude of thanksgiving is so fleeting and becomes overshadowed by Black Friday's it's all about me attitude! 


We should be ashamed!


Thankfully this greedy behavior is not exhibited by the majority of people, but it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the pie!


Christine



No comments: