Monday, December 12, 2011

The Reason for the Season

My Father-in-law, aka Papa Wayne, is a gem! We love him very much!



He is funny!



We love his sense of humor!!




He is kind and generous!




He is a wonderful Grandpa!


Grandpa comes with more grandchildren than shown in photo!
He is a handsome guy who snagged himself a lovely woman, my Mother-in-law, and they are quickly approaching their 25th anniversary! Happy almost anniversary!!




My Father-in-law also has Multiple Myeloma. Cancer.


I have been reluctant to blog about my Father-in-law's failing health because it's difficult to talk about and our family is sad.


We don't know how many more Christmases he will get to celebrate with his family here on earth or if he will get to celebrate this one.


I decided to share with you because I know my family is not the only one dealing with this kind of heartache.


The prospect of loss at this time of year can seem to overshadow Christmas joy. While it is true that get togethers may be a little more somber and hearts may be heavy, these times are exactly what Christmas is about! This is what Christmas joy is meant for!


Luke 2:10-11 Then an angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.


John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life!


The expectation of losing a loved one here on earth brings great sorrow. Knowing that a loved one is saved by God's only begotten Son, the Savior for all who believe, is Christmas joy!


In our last days, our last hours, we have nothing to fear when Jesus is our Savior! Luke 23:43, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in paradise!"


Christine

No comments: