Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Deja Vu

Oh yes, this was definitely familiar! You can read about the first time we went through this process with Miss Sofia if you click on the link for Today's the Day.

This morning it was Miss Emma Bean's turn.



The getting up early - not nearly as early as last time. I learned my lesson!

I may have stopped for a mocha anyway. A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do! Right??

There was the same excited anticipation. I'm not sure I understand that, but oh well.

The only real difference is that, this time, I tried to take a photo of the process. The horrified look in Miss Emma Bean's eyes and the small, but very insistent shakes of her head caused me to swiftly tuck the camera away. 

The lesson I haven't fully learned...when it is not appropriate, in their opinion, to photograph my teenage daughters. I now know that while their mouths are propped open with some crazy dental device...NOT APPROPRIATE!! My bad. 

Mostly the process went just as smoothly for Miss Emma Bean as it did for Miss Sofia.

My baby got braces!!



Another thing that is all too familiar, my poor girl's mouth is now so sore! It's a good thing we have some of her favorite ice cream on hand! And because I love her, and want to take good care of her, and don't want her to have to suffer any more than she already is, I'm willing to eat all of the big cookie chunks for her. That's what we moms do right!? Anything for the well being of our babies!!



And just like her sister, Miss Emma Bean is cute as can be!!

Not little kid cute, but the cool teenager kind of cute!! Just to be clear.



Christine

No comments: