Monday, September 24, 2012

Looks Good Enough To Eat

In spite of the family's efforts this year to help get the garden planted,



it rebelled. It refused to flourish. It produced little to no good "fruit" this season. The garden was a bust.

I think it sensed my initial reluctance to plant vegetables this summer. It's feelings may have been hurt. Then again maybe it was the heat, and the lack of weeding and watering on my part. Hmmmm? We'll probably never know what really happened.

Whatever the case may be, it did not stop the annual fall garden raid.

It happens every year about this time.

The girls and their friends rummage through the garden seeking the remaining vegetation, then they begin to "cook!"



Oh my word!

Their creations looked good enough to eat this year! 

Of course there's no telling how sour those cucumbers are by now, or what weeds may have gotten mixed into those fancy looking dishes, but I think we may have some future Top Chefs on our hands. Or maybe even some budding food stylists who can give me a hand with photos for the upcoming recipes I want to share! Whoop whoop! But heed this warning, no matter how good it looks, never eat anything my children try to serve to you from a frisbee! Just sayin'!

Christine









No comments: