Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Remember 9/11

My heart is heavy today with the memory of the attack on my country 11 years ago.

I weep as I once again see the horrific images of that day and as I listen to the retelling of that day's events.

I've seen this image several times before, but today it impressed a new meaning on me.



As I looked at this image the verse Joshua 1:9 came to mind. Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

God did not desert us in our time of trouble. 

Instead He gave heroes great strength to help others. And help others they did. Selflessly. Bravely.

Though we indeed were bruised, God has not allowed us to be crushed. We have rebuilt. We have moved forward! Lamentations 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.

God has had great compassion on us. His heart ached with our own for the suffering and pain that was inflicted. Today He continues the work of healing our hearts. Psalm 147:3 He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.

The debris is gone. The memory is strong. 

We're still healing, without forgetting. 

We move forward strong and brave, hopefully honoring those whose lives they gave.

The cross that stood, in the midst of the rubble that day, reminds me that the healing, the hope, the strength we've had, This is the Lord's doing, It is marvelous in my eyes. Psalm 118:23.

May we continue to seek the Lord's healing and may the Lord continue to bless our nation.

Christine







No comments: