Friday, November 15, 2013

All in a Crafternoon

See what I did there with the title of this blog post??

Crafternoon! Get it? Craft and afternoon??

Crafternoon...an afternoon of crafting.

Clever, yes? Or was that just me?

Anyway...

Thanksgiving is drawing near and I'm so excited. I love this time of year!

And what better way to get things started than by spending an afternoon crafting a Thanksgiving banner?

A few supplies...burlap, a few yards of bias tape, some fabric paint, letter stencils, and a few willing helpers!

I love my willing helpers!! They're the best part of a crafternoon!


We cut 11 triangles out of the burlap.


Cutting burlap = huge mess! Just sayin'.

With our fabric paint, we stenciled the letters for the words GIVE THANKS onto the burlap triangles. 

Now you may be wondering why, when the words give thanks have only 10 letters, we cut out 11 triangles. We wanted a blank triangle to separate our words. 10 letters + one blank = 11 triangles. Sorry, just wanted to show off my crazy math skills there. 

Eh hem...


Stenciling with fabric paint = much less mess!! Contained mess actually, and very fun for craft helpers! 

Once our stenciled letters were dry, a quick zigzag stitch to attach the triangles of burlap to a bias tape of a matching color and done! 


It's looking a lot like Thanksgiving! I can almost smell the turkey and apple pie! Woohoo!!

Christine

No comments: