Friday, September 6, 2013

The Week in Review

This week the children started school!


I'm pretty sure they were excited. I know the Husband and I were...not because the children will now be gone all day - sniff sniff - the house is crazy quiet...but because the husband took the day off so we could spend the day together and have some fun. 

Chocolate chip cookies when they got home from their first day of school helped take the sting out of that one. 


I'm very sorry you had to go to school while we took the day off to have fun. Cookie?? Yep, they forgot all about it.

The Morning Glory have been blooming like crazy!


So beautiful! I've yet to get a moonflower blossom though. -weird-

I enjoyed a coffee date with friends. A morning spent chatting with friends is a very good way to avoid a very quiet house! It always takes me some time to get used to the quiet when the kids go back to school. On the upside, now that no one is around to distract me, I get my to do list completed before noon. Ha!

Pookie, our Buff Orpington, laid her first egg this week!


That's three out of our four chickens now laying eggs!


Whoop Whoop! The eggs are gorgeous! They also make the best omelets ever!

Luna is the only one who has yet to lay an egg.


I suspect she prefers to be fashionably late. Hmmmm

And this week we got a Ninja!


Oh yeah! The Ninja!

Our old blender began to make the most horrible screaming noise when used. It was awful! We used it anyway. But, when it began to smell like it was burning... 

Hello Ninja!


I've been told it's great. However, I wouldn't know from experience. The Husband hasn't allowed me to try it yet. -sigh- It is nice to have him make the smoothies in the morning though!

All in all it was a good week. Now bring on the weekend!

Christine

No comments: