Thursday, November 8, 2012

God is Faithful

In September I shared with you that we, the Husband and I, had been struggling with the loss of some income.


We've had to tightened up the budget and we've discussed and searched for other avenues to meet our financial needs. As a stay at home mom, my thoughts immediately turned to - I need to get a job! Like right now! Probably should have done it yesterday! 

The Husband did not feel the same way. His heart says our family still needs me here, at home. He asked me to wait. He believes my getting a job should be our last course of action. He asked me to be patient and allow him to do all he could to work this out first. How could I do anything other than honor such a request? A good man that one! Our prayer has been that God would bless our desire for me to continue to be at home for our family.

Please know, there are many women who decide to work outside of the home, out of preference or need, I'm making no judgement on their choice. The Husband and I decided, before we had our children, that our desire was for me to be at home with them. We knew it might not be easy financially to raise a family on one income, but that was our choice. 

Needless to say, the Husband and I have wrestled through this time with completely trusting God's plan for our finances. It's not easy is it, knowing how to manage through difficult times. It would be way easier if God just gave a quick heads up. He could say, "Hey, just so you know, hard times are coming. They'll last for this amount of time. You should handle the situation by doing... And then I'm going to solve it by..." He doesn't do that. Well not exactly anyway.

The Bible does however tell us that we will have tough times, (John 16:33) we just aren't given the specifics. I kind of like specifics. Then I can be ready! It doesn't work that way though does it?

What we can trust is that God is fully aware of what we need. (Matthew 6:25-34)

God is the giver of good gifts. ( Luke11:9-13) Sometimes He gives us gifts we didn't know we needed. Like an opportunity to deepen our faith and trust!

God will supply all our needs. (Philippians 4:19)

Oh does He ever! My friends, it's been a long time, but the Lord has indeed restored some of the work the Husband has been without for so long! We are deeply grateful! Along the way God has shown us that He is faithful. He hears the cry of His people and He does not leave us in our distress!

Times of trial can grow our faith and deepen our relationship with God if we will continue to rely on Him. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I know that choosing to walk with the Lord day by day has given us great peace and we rejoice that He has answered our prayer and given the Husband this work!

My friend if you are in a place that is difficult. If you are struggling to trust. HOLD ON! Continue to give it to the Lord! He will show Himself faithful. He must. It is His character and His promise!

Christine




No comments: