Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter Wipeout

I returned home, late yesterday afternoon, from chaperoning my church's youth group trip to Camp Shamineau in Motley, Minnesota.

The trip is appropriately named...Winter Wipeout. 

The trip was in winter, and now I am wiped out!! 

Oh golly am I wiped out! I sure hope this blog post makes sense!! And if not, enjoy some fun photos! I will hopefully have all of my faculties back in a few days, after I've had a chance to catch up on some sleep.

I went on the trip for two reasons; I'm a volunteer leader this year for the youth at my church, and also because my own youth was attending. My Miss Emma Bean!



Miss Emma Bean especially enjoyed the horses at camp.



As a child, I never went to camp.

This was my first "camp" experience.

Honestly, I learned over the weekend that I don't love camp.

I don't love hard mattressed bunk beds.

I don't love sharing a bathroom with 24 girls. 

And I don't love being sleep deprived!! Throughout the weekend, I repeatedly thanked the Lord for coffee!

What I do love is this silly group of kiddos and all of the adults who were there to lead them! 



I love that they encouraged each other!



I love that they were willing to make this sled train 3 times - which meant climbing up a giant hill 3 times - so I could get the perfect photo, as well as a video, and once my camera froze because it was too cold...I could relate. They're very good sports!



I love that they included each other and made new friends.





Mostly I love that they were enthusiastic about praising God and giving their lives to Jesus!

I may be wiped out, but my heart sings!

Christine

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Fantastic! Several summers when I was in 4-H I attended the Camp Shamineau horse camp...

We brought our own horses but took lessons every day and met a TON of people...it was a blast!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I love that you did this! I long to be active in youth ministry again. Just a few more years...