Wednesday, October 9, 2013

One Fungi

Fall is upon us!

The leaves are brilliant in color!



But the flowers in the garden are wilting and turning brown. They have begun to die.

There's new growth in my garden though.

Mushrooms. Fungi! Oh so much fungi!!



Why did the fungi leave the party?

There wasn't mushroom!

Ha ha ha ha

A little mushroom humor for you. Funny, yes? 

Anyway...

There's quite a variety of mushrooms growing in my flower beds.



In the past my reaction to these mysterious organisms was to exclaim, "Ewww!" as I scooped them into a bucket to dispose of them.



But this year I was struck by their beauty.



These unique little creatures feed off dead plants and leave behind new, rich soil.



They're kind of amazing!

How about this one...

Why did the mushroom get invited to all of the parties?

'Cuz he was one fungi!!

Fungi/fun guy! Get it?? Ha ha ha ha

Gotta love a little mushroom humor.



Anyway...

My garden is full of mushrooms that are breaking down the debris, to create new, rich soil, so that new growth may thrive.



Beautiful!

Christine


No comments: