Monday, October 8, 2012

Lunchbox Essential

Typically Miss Sofia and Miss Emma Bean choose one day a week to eat the school's hot lunch. You can probably guess the meals they choose...pizza, cheesy bread, mozzarella sticks. See a pattern here? 

Eating the school's hot lunch only once a week means taking lunch from home the other 4 days of the week. That's a lot of lunches packed over the course of a school year! And a lot of lunches from home can mean a lot of plastic baggies thrown away. While we like the occasional convenience of plastic bags, we don't like creating that much garbage every day. We try to use containers as often as possible, but it's been difficult to find containers that are a really good size to fit into lunch bags/boxes, yet still carry the right portion of food. Hmmmmm? What to do?

Enter...Rubbermaid Lunch Blox!


Have you seen these?? They are fantastic! I found them at Target while shopping for school supplies this summer.

They're stackable!


They're perfectly portion sized for lunches! (I hope that sentence makes sense)

They're BPA-free, microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe! They also keep cold things cold with a snap on Blue Ice! I would go so far as to say these lunch containers are awesome!

I purchased a sandwich kit for each of the girl's lunches! Each kit came with a coupon for the purchase of another kit. I went back to Target to purchase the salad kits as well! And lucky me...the kits were on sale when I did! Coupon + sale price = Whoop whoop!!

A little lettuce, strawberries, and grilled chicken. A perfectly portioned lunch. Now I personally would use the other little container that came with this kit for some salad dressing, but my girls do not like dressing on their salads. They get that from the Husband. Weird.


Stack it up all nice.

This photo is of the sandwich kit. It was taken before I purchased the salad kit. Still works for a small salad though! And yes! I wrapped the roll before I packed it in the lunch. Just in case you were wondering.
Makes for a lot less waste and fits very nicely into the lunch bags!

Rubbermaid Lunch Blox, a lunchbox essential!

Christine

No comments: